Monday 5 January 2009

PENNY BLACK Challenge 30 Embossing

Can you see the join?.... I have to confess that this card for Penny Black Saturday Challenge is made from scraps!! I thought it was about time i started to use all the bits and pieces that i scurry away in a box to use later.........I think we all do it....save a bit here & there to use later and the pile just gets bigger and bigger!!

I've kept the whole thing very simple and have used just one colour for the image 'Andante' stamped onto watercolour paper with Adirondack 'Lettuce'

The requirement this week is Embossing, so i've used my Cuttlebug and the Birthday folder. The 'pointed' patterned pieces are Basic Grey Urban Prairie, which were left over bits from my House Mouse card the other day! The green and pink papers are also BG from the same pad.
The piece of embossed green paper to the right of the image was cut from the larger portion and turned on it's side! The card base is 5 x 7. Ribbon, button and gem from stash.

Thanks for popping in today.....see you soon ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

p.s. Do you like my lovely wooden stand? !!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. No I can't see the join but I do see a work of art as always....gorgeous card Carol and well done you for using up those scraps..thanks for playing along again this week at PBSC
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee - I do like the wooden stand! And I too am trying to use up my scraps!!

    Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't see a join either, the card is great and so is the stand
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, Happy New Year. Wow fabulous card, and can't see no joins... looks gorgoeus as always.
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments....the wooden stand is a bit of a joke :) I want one of those fabby ones that lots of people seem to have(especially the American ladies) but i can't find one anywhere!! ;-D

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm I cant find a join, lol, but I do see a lovely card
    thanks for joining us this week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. this is wonderful! love the embossing and the card is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab! I love the layout and bright colours! Great embossing too! Thanks for joining in the PB challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow fabulous card and great to show it on a stand :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. V classy card Carol with that image and beautiful papers. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just having your image off to the side and stamped in one color makes it look so elegant! The whole card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh boy carol i just love every thing you create! its always a joy to come to your blog. :) shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x