Wednesday 7 January 2009

CUTTLEBUG CHALLENGE #13

I had no idea when i purchased this little green embossing machine! that i would grow to love it so much :) The challenge this week is to create a simple, white card......the whole thing doesn't have to be white, but the embossing must be white. Trudi is right, there is something very elegant about the embossing on white........so crisp & fresh :)
My design today uses lots of elements, so here goes....... The circle frame was in my box of scraps, so i dug it out and embossed it using Swiss Dots and D'Vine Swirl, because i needed to carry on the circular theme, i cut another circle for the centre with my Nesties, which has been embossed using the tan rubber mat.

The centre circle is a Maya Road sheer(love these!) and i've used a couple of Basic Grey rub-ons to creat my 'image'. The pink gems are Kanban 'Bling' and the dotty organza is from my stash.The lime green background card came in a kit, but i think it's possibly Bazzill...not sure!

I would love to see what you create this week, so i do hope you can find some time to play along .
I am chuffed with this card, i think it's possibly one of my favourite makes so far!! and i hope you like it too :)
Thanks for your time today :) see you soon.

Hugs
Carol x

18 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous, brilliant job using the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, I love the card you made for the challenge. I hope I have time to make a card for cuttlebug challenge blog this week.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! It's fresh, simple, crisp, clean and VERY elegant. I really LOVE this card, Carol! Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, this is beautiful! You are so right. The crisp, white embossing makes everything very elegant. The colors you've used just POP and look so fresh.

    Your cards are gorgeous! I love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just beautiful Carol. Love it!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very crisp and clean, lovely
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning Carol!
    I love the centre elements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love the lime very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this card is awesome! I love it and gave me inspiration for my embossing folders!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very very creative! I love the halfed outside frames. I think your cut out die area and then the scalloped die cut is brilliant. I love the image of course. What's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For Shirley,
    The outside frame is actually one piece, i just embossed one half, switched folders, then enbossed the other half :) It's a small card, only 122mm square!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol,
    I love your card! Circles are some of my favorite elements! I think the rub ons are especially nice on this one, and love the ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow carol your card is gorgeous! love every single thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous card. Love it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love this card. I must thank Kathy for giving you the award so I could visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Pretty - I have to remember to use my "bug" more...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carol

    Your card is absolutely stunning! I love it completely!! The contrasting colours and the embossing work so well together.
    I really enjoyed this week's Cuttlebug Challenge - I'm a first-timer.

    Cheers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Carol

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. How bizarre that your granddaughter shares the same birthday as my little one and that they were the same weight! My Noah is now 10 weeks old and about 11 pounds 9 oz. I can't believe how quickly they grow....he is making cooing noises, smiling and laughing now. I'm such a proud first-time mummy.
    Peace & love
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x