Friday 30 January 2009

ARTY GIRLZ & A SPOON FULL OF SUGAR!

I was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday evening following a trip to my dentist for the first half of my root canal treatment, so i gave blogging a miss......which means that i have a couple of things to share with you today :)

The first, is an ATC for the challenge this week at Arty Girlz. I'm sure you are aware that an ATC or Artist Trading Card is 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches and must be given away, or traded but never sold.
I haven't made very many of these in the past, but they are growing on me a bit......i do cheat though and use a standard size playing card as they are the correct size, just cover with paper or card and away you go!
For my design today, i covered my playing card with black Bazzill cardstock, i then made a background for my image with white glossy card and Alcohol Inks in Cranberry & Espresso.
Tip :- whilst i have all my supplies to hand i make several of these 'backgrounds' in different colours and then i have them to use at a later date.
The image was stamped with black Stazon and is from 'Chapel Road' unfortunately it has no title! The gems are Kanban, the portion of flower in the corner is Making Memories and i've also added some doodling with my Inkssentials pen.


My second project that i have is for the challenge over at A Spoon Full of Sugar, my first time with them :) "Love is in the Air...... to make a card or gift for someone special ..............so this is a card for my husband for Valentines Day :)I've used some fabulous paper from Basic Grey's 'Scarlets Letter' collection, along with a portion of Bazill 'Just the Edge' die cut paper. The polka dot heart stamp is a Pink Paislee acrylic and the love swirl is Autumn Leaves. The black U is an AC Thicker(love these!) and i have a ton of ribbon which i keep in large empty Yankee Candle jars.......so i have no idea who's it is...Sorry!

****If you would like to have the ATC shown here, then leave me a comment on this post and i will draw a winner from the names i have on Monday 2/2/09 at 8pm GMT****

Thanks for popping in today...... :-D
Hugs
Carol x

11 comments:

  1. I love the Valentine card, and I want to know how you tie such a beautiful,perfect bow like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Stephanie....it was quite hard as the ribbon is quite slippery! several attempts before i was happy... i tend to put a finger through each loop and just pull tight!! I will try and post a picture another day....better if you could SEE what i do ?

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAROL, THANKS SO MUCH 4 THE VISIT & SWEET COMMENTS!!! YOUR CARDS R BEAUTIFUL!! NOW I'M OFF 2 CHECK OUT THE REST OF YOUR BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely combination to create the card. I have bow envy . My attempts at beautiful bows leave me disappointed with my skills.
    Hugs from Michigan,
    cndomino@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little butterfly ATC is just gorgeous and, like everyone else I'd love to be able to tie a bow like that delicious black polka dotty one!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol, love your ATC, and your card. I am sure your hubby will love it! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty ATC!!! I LOVE butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card and the ATC if perfect, you forget how much fun ATC's are when you don't do them for a little while
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning Atc Carol love the background
    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge,

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol your atc is BEAUTIFUL and I love your card too

    Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz once again

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning ATCs...love your work x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x