Friday 16 January 2009

ARTY GIRLZ #68 Button It !

Remember this....
Now....... the Arty Girlz challenge this week is 'Buttons' "just use buttons on your creation".....which reminded me of my Mum, which in turn reminded me that i bought this little baby 4 months ago!!! and i can almost hear her saying " A sewing machine, just for paper!!!"

So, not only does my design have(several) buttons, but it is also my very first stitched card!
I didn't practice, i just bowled right in with my beloved Basic Grey papers!! These are from the 'Offbeat' 6 x 6 pad, with some Maya Road chipboard pieces that have been coloured with paint dabbers. The teeny weeny buttons on the tree are Hero Arts and the larger ones i think, are Woodware. I think my tension was a bit iffy and my stitch length was too small, but it will hopefully improve with time :)

If you would like to visit two of my absolute favourite 'stitching card makers' and to see who has inspired me to start with my stitching, then you need to pop over to Julia's and Peet's........ i promise you won't be dissapointed :)

Thanks for popping in today....hope to see you really soon ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Carole. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever you Carol. I was just searching for one of these babies last night but couldn't make up my mind. You have done a wonderful job on this card. I love everything about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so totally darling! I love Basic Grey and your stitching and buttons are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely card!! The birdies are so sweet. Your stitching looks great!! I've never stitched a card...I am completely hopeless at sewing...my Mum (her father was a tailor) is a fantastic seamstress and gave me this amazing Janome sewing machine as she had upgraded. Do you think I ever used it?? I ended up giving it back to her, but maybe I should borrow it back again for my cardmaking....mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous stitched card and that reminds me I have never used my little sewing machine either...must go and look it out...love the tree and the birdie
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you.... gorgeous card.

    Hugs
    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it, love those chipboard birdies, I bought a mini sewing machine and I just can't seem to get it to work!me and sewing were never a good combination
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done!! Love all the little buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this - how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol I LOVE your card !!

    Thanks for joining in with our button challenge over on Arty Girlz

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation,
    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors and I love what you did with the buttons!!...All of them! The card sings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow CaroL! THanks so much for the link! This card is absolutely stunning! Fabulous job on the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x