Wednesday 14 January 2009

CUTTLEBUG CHALLENGE #14

Of course Wednesday means Cuttlebug Challenge but, before i talk about this week.....I have to give a big shout for the new girls that have joined the team!
The team has increased now to 25!!! so make sure you hop over to the blog and check out the amazing new things that are being shown for you all to join in with and take inspiration from.......so many exciting things coming up over the next few weeks.......and if you have a bug, you definately won't want to miss out!!

Now.... the brief this week is to make a card or project using your favourite folder....not so easy as it's so hard to choose a favourite!.....so i decided to pick one of my favourites and it was also the first folder i purchased on the day i got my bug (2nd March '08)For my design today i've used the Stylized Flowers folder and a technique of inking the folder before placing your cardstock inside, another version of this can be seen
HERE
.
I use a brayer and Adirondack ink to colour up my folders, but if you 'google' it, you will find that everyone has their own way of achieving these results. The image today is 'Purple Toadflax' from Hobby Art, inked with Adrondack 'Lettuce' to match my inked & embossed pieces. The oval mount is a Marvy giga punch, sentiment is a sticker and ribbon from stash.

I hope you can join in this week and show us all what you can make with your favourite folder!

Hugs
Carol x

10 comments:

  1. I think that's one of my favourite folders too Carol and I love the colours and the way you've put the card together! From a fellow cat-lover.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, the colours are great
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome comment on my blog Carol. I too have been trying to say hello to everyone.

    Your card for this week's challenge is beautiful. It really caught my eye on the challenge blog as being rather special.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol!
    Thanks for your lovely comments & for becoming my first blog follower - HUGS!!
    I love your card - especially what you have done with embossing & inking the folder. What a marvellous technique. Thanks for the tips - I will have to try it.
    Peace & Love
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Carole I must use this folder more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, your card is lovely! You did a fab job on inking the folder like that!! These challenges are such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is stunning and this is one of my favourite folders
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol such a luvly card :)
    Have a great weekend :)
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with that embossed background! Love the color combo too. A really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x