Wednesday 28 January 2009

CUTTLEBUG CHALLENGE #16

Today the challenge is to 'Create a Card that is Distressed' which leaves your options open for many things.......tearing, inking, sanding etc etc. I decided to go with tearing & inking for my design, i've also added some machine stitching and some jute!
As you can see i've used three different folders in my design.....Script Texture, Distressed Stripes and Swiss Dots. My card base is 123mm square and the background is Kraft card which i've torn, embossed with ST and then inked with a Colorbox 'Chestnut Roan' cats eye. This has then been machine stitched to the card.

My flower petals are torn from some brown Bazzill these have been inked with Dk Brown cats eye and skimmed over the dots with a Brilliance inkpad in 'Moonlight White'. The leaves were made in the same way, but for these i did not use the white over the embossing :)
The centre of my flower is an Imaginisce brad and the sentiment is a Stampin Up rub-on.

Hop over to the Cuttlebug Challenge site to see what all my team mates have been creating...........and it would be great to see what you can all do for this challenge........hope you can find time to play ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is fab Carole, i love all your details. I must admit this was a fun challenge. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning so vintage looking love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I just love your card, it's gorgeous! The flower looks fab and all of the detail is beautiful. Sweet sentiment too. And all distressed to perfection!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful distressed textures in your card Carol! I love it!!
    peace & love
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Carol! I finally broke down and bought that script folder this week, love how you did it with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is gorgeous Carol...love the colour combo and all the distressing and inking
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Carol!! Great job on the distressing and inking on your card. That beautiful flower with the Cuttlebug emboss is just terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow this is just so fabulous - I love it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol this is just stunning - love it to death!!
    Carol am I going mad but I can't see a challenge dated today .... am I looking in the right place...

    Hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn, Yes, you are looking in the right place....not sure what's happened but the upload isn't there......i'll have to e-mail the 'boss' and see if she knows what's wrong!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card Carol, love the coluors and the flowers
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning!!!! What a gorgeous design and colors! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool Carol, I love all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely done! Love all the distressing you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is amazing...it all goes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol,

    I love how you distressed your card! The paper almost looks handmade!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love this Carol, I am going to try and find time to play along this week :)
    hugs
    En

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful, I love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x