Today the challenge is to 'Create a Card that is Distressed' which leaves your options open for many things.......tearing, inking, sanding etc etc. I decided to go with tearing & inking for my design, i've also added some machine stitching and some jute!
As you can see i've used three different folders in my design.....Script Texture, Distressed Stripes and Swiss Dots. My card base is 123mm square and the background is Kraft card which i've torn, embossed with ST and then inked with a Colorbox 'Chestnut Roan' cats eye. This has then been machine stitched to the card.
My flower petals are torn from some brown Bazzill these have been inked with Dk Brown cats eye and skimmed over the dots with a Brilliance inkpad in 'Moonlight White'. The leaves were made in the same way, but for these i did not use the white over the embossing :)
The centre of my flower is an Imaginisce brad and the sentiment is a Stampin Up rub-on.
Hop over to the Cuttlebug Challenge site to see what all my team mates have been creating...........and it would be great to see what you can all do for this challenge........hope you can find time to play ;-D