Wednesday 21 January 2009

CUTTLEBUG CHALLENGE #15 Page Maps Sketch

Hi Everyone, this week for Cuttlebug Challenge #15, we have a fabulous sketch from Page Maps!

(I can't alter the size of this photo, Sorry!!)

If you visit me often, you will know that Page Maps have been on my blog roll since i started up just over a year ago.........full of the amazing talent of Becky Fleck and her team and the place to go if you've lost your mojo.......the fab sketches cannot fail to stir some creativity.......go check them out!
You may also be aware that i love sketches and have been known to create a few of my own ;-) I take the sketches very literally, because in my opinion if someone has taken the time to offer them for our use, they should actually look like the original sketch........whilst i am not one to stamp on artistic flair! there is nothing more infuriating than to follow a link that says " i used the sketch from...." ...................... and then the card looks nothing like the original sketch!!!!!!!

Anyway.....rant over and onto my design............

I have used 7 different folders for my embossed circles, Swiss Dots, D'Vine Swirl, Allegro,Distressed Stripes, Perfect Paisley, Script Texture, and Textile Texture. One circle has been stamped with a 'Stamps by Judith' solid heart and a Dark Peony cats eye. The butterflies were made with a Woodware punch, and the flower in two layers with a Paper Shaper Whale of a Punch. The 'dotty' flower and white button are Making Memories and all other papers and buttons are Basic Grey from 'Bittersweet' and 'Eva' The rub-on is Urban Lily and the twine and gem are from my stash!.........Wow! what a long list of ingredients today!!!

It would be fun to see what you do with this sketch!.......i do hope you can find some time to play along :) and of course don't forget to check out the awesome creations of my fellow DT members.

Hugs to You.....see you soon....

Carol x

Edited:- original photo replaced......i had forgotten the watermark!

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Great sketch and love all that fun color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!...as usual! I love the cool purple tones.
    Peace & love
    Alison xx

    PS - I echo your 'rant' sentiments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Carole and I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 folders! Wow Carol, great use of the cuttlebug :) Love your card, love the colors & I like the buttons mixed in with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol....your card is fabulous and WOW, 7 folders???? You really got your money's worth out of this one...hehehe. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you incorporated so many folders! What a marvelous card and color combo choice is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card and I quite agree with you about keeping to sketches. I find them quite tricky sometimes and for this one I just couldn't find the right size/colour in my stash, but I think I kept to the sketch in the necessary part - well I hope so.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. just reread my post and realised I've missed the word 'buttons' in my stash. Oh what am I like?

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is great Carol, 7!!!! folders, love the buttons too
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this card is stunning, Carol!!! Absolutely GREAT!!!
    Hugs,
    Peet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect and very pretty while you were at it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card :) Love the mix of black and pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card!! I also follow sketches quite literally. I don't mind that others don't, I just tend to see a sketch as something to follow and have your finished creation LOOK like the sketch. lol
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Carol
    Wow it's gorgoeus !
    Love it - and did you count all the circles and buttons too!
    Eeeh you won't like mine !!!

    hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol, I love your card, it's beautiful. Love the gorgeous colours you've used. And wow, 7 folders - I thought I was going for it with 5! So happy to be part of the DT.
    Mrs J x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card, Carol! The colors are striking and I love all the different textures! Great job on the challenge.

    Hugs to you,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this colour combination, Carol! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carol your card is beautiful. I love all the shades of violets you used, it's so elegant.
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol, great use of all those folders! Wonderful textures and colours! Fab card!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is fabulous, love the different embossed circles and great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it!
    Great take on the sketch.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! That is so cool! I actually opened the sketch image and your blog and compared your card to the sketch. I am so impressed at the way you respected every detail of the sketch. I don't even respect my own sketches :) I usually go with my general mood and what seems beautiful to my eye in that particular moment when I create.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is beautiful! I love the colors! Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x