Sunday 11 November 2007

SCRUMMY CHALLENGE!!

I think i caught a bug a couple of days ago,the challenge/sketch bug!!! I've done Beate's and also SCS , so i thought i would have a go at this one from the Scrummy Stash Cafe! blog.

This one made me jump so far out of my box, but i guess that's the idea :) You are asked to make a card using some velvet or felt and it must also incorporate some hand stitching(omg!!)
I bought these felt snowmen made by Queen & Co recently and i knew i wanted to use these on my card. As for the stitching well.... initially i thought snowflakes, but as i have not done any decorative sewing for ages and ages!! i decided to try something simpler like lettering! ha who was i trying to kid, i couldn't even manage to get that level!!!!

I used a 148mm square card, Basic Grey 'Figgy Pudding' paper plus a small piece of turquoise from scraps, which i scalloped with a corner rounder punch with the little 'wings' taken out. The wording is stitched with white 3mm satin ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. Fab card, I love those papers and the snowmen are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Carol! so clever, it look fab!

    Thanks for taking part in our challenge!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! Great idea to stitch the word!! :)
    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a great card carol...:D thanks for taking part in my challenge...:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous snowmen, love the stitching too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Carol! Loving that stitching! Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x