Tuesday 30 December 2008

HOUSE MOUSE & FRIENDS Monday Challenge

It's been quite a while since i joined in with a challenge over at House Mouse & Friends......same old story..........not enough time, which i'm sure most of you can relate to!! However......with a little more time than usual this week, as i don't have to return to work until Friday(!) and most of the fab challenge sites have extended their timings as well, so it all helps :)
This gorgeous image is called 'Making a Wish' and with the amount of effort that little guy is putting in to blow out the candle i sure hope he gets what he wished for!!

The requirement for challenge #19 is embossing, so i decided to use my 'Happy Birthday' Cuttlebug folder which i've also sanded to show the white core. The papers are Basic Grey 'Urban Prairie' from the 6 x 6 pad. I also used my Nesties Labels 2, to cut the mats from DCWV cardstock and my corner rounder punch with the wings removed to make the scallops. The velvet ric-rac is American Crafts from my bumper box of 54 rolls(another fab Chrissie present, from my fab husband!)Chipboard button ribbon and twine from my stash :)
...................................................my other fetish.........ribbons.......lush!!!! ;-D

Thanks for popping in today......see you tomorrow for Cuttlebug challenge! :)

Hugs
Carol x

9 comments:

  1. Hey Carol, i love this card the image is so cute and i love the sanding you did to show the white it really makes an impression. Arent you lucky i love all those ribbons!
    Love Tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww these Mousies are so cute - gorgeous colouring and design Carol!
    wow what a fabby hubby getting all those ribbons for you!

    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol this is darling! I love your entire card from the image, layout, embellishment and colors!

    Your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image. Great card Carol. Thanks for your comment on my blog too. Much appreciated.
    Woweeee look at all those ribbons. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and fun birthday card. Great use of the embossed b-day folder. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a perfect birthday card! This is one of my most favorite images...it goes great with the embossed background. Great job on this challenge. Glad you could join us and be sure to come back again! Love your blog..happy new year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! I bet you can hear me screaming!! ALL THAT RIBBON?????!!!!!!!!! You are sooooo lucky!!! And I'd just look at the box full all the time and not use it hehehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, love those cute mice. Wow to all that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x