Wednesday 10 December 2008

DT project for Cuttlebug Challenges

I've been desperate to try out my new deep cut blade for my Cricut machine which i purchased a couple of weeks ago, and the Cuttlebug Challenge this week gave me the perfect opportunity!

Challenge #10 is to create a Christmas/Holiday themed project - something other than a card!
To create my little wall hanging i cut my snowflake using my brand new deep cut blade and Joys of the Season at 5.5 inches. Now....... not sure if it's because my chipboard isn't specific for crafting, or whether the blade is not as good as i expected......but i'm not impressed with the cut!!!! i had my setting on number 6, so it should have made a clean cut.... but sadly i still had to 'crack it out' from the remainder and use my craft knife to tidy it up!!! not very impressed really :(

Anyway.... i also used the snowflake cut & emboss duo, and the Swiss Dots folder, and some scraps of card and Doodlebug paper frill,the rub-ons are Stemma, and the bobble trim is Bazzill.

I edged my snowflake with 'snow cap' acrylic paint dabber and added some glamour dust as well, the letters are Basic Grey and the jute and gem are from my stash!

I would love to see what you create for this challenge so i do hope you play along, and leave a link so i can come and check you out!!!

Thanks for popping in today, and i'd love to know if you've had better success with your deep cut blades!..........see you soon ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

4 comments:

  1. This is great! Craft knives and ribbon are the two things a gal cannot do without!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowflake Carol but that's good to know...i was thinking about getting the deep cute blade specially to cut out chipboard.
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely Carol, great bobble trim
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty wall hanger and love the trim too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x