Tuesday 28 October 2008

DCM Forever Autumn

I do love the bounty of colour that Mother Nature has to offer us at this time of year, so beautiful!...... So, i thought i would make a card for the current dare over at DCM which has been set by Sue, and yes.... i do remember the song, i was 18 that year.......... it seems a lifetime ago!!

My design is actually using up some scraps from a DT project made earlier in the week that will be revealed tomorrow, and whilst the "stuff'" was still on my table, i had the idea for this card :) I think i should try to do this more often as it would save time, and it uses up all the bits!!

The papers are from Basic Grey 'Ambrosia' 6 x 6 pad and the ribbons are American Crafts. The leaves are in fact real copper cut from a sheet of Art Emboss by American Art Clay Co, i punched them out with a Dovecraft Maple Leaf punch and then 'burnished' them with my heat gun, which of course changes the colour and the more you heat the more it changes! fun stuff to use and it comes in a fabulous range of colours as well as real metals. I have used four different Cuttlebug embossing folders to give my leaves some texture, Swiss Dots, Perfect Paisley, D'Vine Swirl, and Script Texture and my card is 144mm square.

Thanks for your visit today, see you soon ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

4 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! Got to love BG Ambrosia! And those burnished and embossed leaves are gorgeous.

    hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see you joining in again Carol……..welcome back!

    Those papers look as thought they were just made for this dare. The colours really do reflect the colours of Autumn and I love the way you’ve embossed the copper leaves to add texture to them.
    Nothing less that a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Carol - those leaves look fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x