Monday 11 May 2009

TPE Challenge #14

Today at The Pink Elephant we have a colour challenge for you.................
Medium Blue, Light Blue, White & Green
As these colours are ones that i do not regularly use, i thought i would try something other than a card for my DT project this week!
A 12 x 12 Card Box
I used a great tutorial that i found here .............very simple instructions, easy to follow step by step...........just how i like it!
I used one 12 x 12 sheet of Crate paper to make my box which i've then embellished with papers from Making Memories and a Letraset rub-on. The brads and ribbon are from my stash.

My box has been filled with shredded tissue for the purpose of the photo, but i have since made one little card from some of the scraps........................i intend to make several more cards to add to it as a little gift for my MIL.please note:- the original photo has been replaced with one taken in natural light

This box would be perfect for giving a lightweight gift as well..........maybe a Teddy Bear for a new baby? I hope you have enjoyed my projects today....................now it's your turn! I would love to visit you to see what you create with our colour challenge for this week...............and if you are looking for more inspiration be sure to check out the fabulous work from the other DT girls :)

Have a great day! ............see you soon ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Carol - I'll have to have a look at that pattern. It would be great for all kinds of gifts.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carol!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fantastic. I am going to have to give this card box a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful box bag Carol!! I love it very creative!! Fab Work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Moly...Silly me!! I was signed in as TPE and commented as Ella TPE!!! Sorry!! I still am crazy for your box!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this box, Carol! I so LOVE the bird stamp. I must track it down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its fab I love it & like the idea of putting a few cards in, thats nice x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x