Sunday 17 May 2009

Stamp Something..........Lauren style!

The challenge this week over at Stamp Something is Clean & Simple 'Thank You's' to make a card in honour of DT member Lauren, using her style.........................after much browsing of Lauren's fabulous work, i decided to go with this one

Like many of us cardmakers these days i tend to rely on designer papers a little too much! so this card took me back to my roots of stamping the background instead.....................and, i have to say i really enjoyed making this one :)

I started by covering the front of a pre-folded 5 x 7 card blank with some K&Co ReMake.....then i took some white card and using my Pebbles pearlescent chalks and a cotton wool ball, smooshed it all over the card! This was then overstamped with Stampendous 'Ruffled Bloom' and Stamps by Judith 'stubby dots' inked with Versafine 'onyx black'.
The sentiment is a Printworks stamp from acrylic set QO44 and the black frame is from my box of 'practice cuts' that i have on my desk to keep all my cuts from my Cricut machine................when i am cutting something specific for a project i then use up the rest of the paper while it's in the machine on 'practice cuts'................they always come in handy later on and saves wasting the paper too!

My gorgeous Granddaughter is not visiting today, she is out with her other Granddad celebrating his Birthday! 'Happy Birthday Mark'.....................my home is very quiet today and it feels strange for me to have an empty house on a Sunday, it's normally bursting at the seams!!.....................
Thanks for popping in today...............enjoy the rest of your weekend ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

9 comments:

  1. this something else ....just perfection..simply elegant ..you are a very talented lady ...hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Carol, the colour is fab :o) and I love the background too, stunning

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab background - just love it and the colours are right up my street xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Carol....enjoy your peaceful day, hope your still pain free...
    Hugs x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. another stunning Card Carol....love this stamp and great background....we are showing our ages when we admit this is how it used to be done before we discovered BG and the like....Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! Love that wonderful background you created! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Something:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and a beautiful background!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge! This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is a beautiful card! Do like the stamped background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x