Thursday 19 February 2009

SKETCHES by Tamara #83

Happy Thursday to you all!........i do love saying that! not only does it mean it's time for a great new sketch to work from, but.........it's getting close to the weekend......my favourite time :)

For Tamara's sketch this week i've gone unusually pastel.......those of you that visit often will know that i love bright vibrant colour, but i thought i would be a bit different today :)
Not a great picture :( it was almost dark so the flash kicked in! and has caused some glare.........

My design uses an image from Hero Arts called 'Dandelion' which i've stamped using black Stazon onto a Maya Road journaling sheer. I used one of my new Nestie sets to cut the background mat and ran this through the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots, then edged it with an Ice Blue Colorbox cats eye. I painted the chipboard heart with Pink Sherbet paint dabber and glittered with some Glamour Dust.
The flowers have been cut in several sizes with my Cricut machine using George & Basic Shapes from some 7 Gypsies paper, with some yummy frosted brads for the centres. The sentiment is from a Printworks acrylic set and the ribbon is from stash! The background paper is of course my beloved Basic Grey from the Euphoria 12 x 12 collection pack, the card base is 5 x 7.

If you would like to play along with us this week, you will find all the details over at Sketches!
Thanks for popping in.........Enjoy your day ;-D

Hugs
Carol x

8 comments:

  1. lovely card, all the elements are just right, love the flowers
    AllisoNX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely card Carol! I am thinking of getting some of those Nestie Sets! Love the colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft and pretty feel your card has - your work is always so lovely : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. no not your usual colourful card....but I love the soft colours...gorgeous
    Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So rpetty, Carol! I love all the layers!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love how you used the pastels. I love the Euphoria line but being lover of bright colors as well I find some of the softer papers more challenging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x