Sunday 30 March 2008

ARTY GIRLZ - THEME THURSDAY - MY PAPER WORLD

This card was designed using the sketch over at My Paper World. I love the fact that when my brain is a bit lacking!! sketches are a way to kick start me into action :)
I have been playing a little bit with my Cuttlebug, and i decided to try putting ink on my embossing folder, this is a technique i had found whilst blog hopping, and decided to give it a go!! It works better if you use a brayer, but as i don't have one i just smoothed the inkpad all over the inner side of the printed part! (hope this is making sense!) Pop your card in as normal and run through machine...... embossed and inked at the same time :) For this card i used Adirondack 'Espresso' to keep in with my colour theme.
I stamped the little cake image from Hampton Art using the same ink and then coloured in with 'Bikini Pink' from Ranger. I like the look that the ticket corner punch gives, but i don't have one of those either! so i used a circle punch instead, and it's worked o.k. Papers are Basic Grey from the 'Sultry' 6 x 6 pad, chipboard buttons are Making Memories and i also used some 'Platinum' stickles for a bit of sparkle. Ribbon and brads from stash.
This card is my entry for Arty Girlz chocolate challenge, and also for Theme Thursday(my first for them!) Pink and Brown.
I have a busy day today with family coming later on, thanks for popping in today and i'll see you soon :)

13 comments:

  1. fabulous card, love the colours and image

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! I love how the cuttlebug embossing turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous card. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty , the Cuttlebugged bit really stands out beautifully inked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Carol I love it :)

    Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Carol - I do love Chocolate and Pink together.
    Kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pretty Carol! I love those cute little flower buttons too!
    Thanks so much for joining in!
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love your card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pink and chocolate brown and this card is just so beautiful. What a great idea for the CB folders too - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love what you done with embossing it really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have an award on my blog! The card is fab, I must try that with my Cuttlebug.

    Jillx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit today :) I appreciate your time and your comments and i'd love to come over and visit you too! ;-D
Hugs
Carol x